Friday, March 2, 2012

Killing Clover ***New Interview***


Killing Clover is an incredible punk band out of Houston. They have two incredible demos out. They have an incredible live set and have shared the stage with an incredible list of bands. They also have toured all over Texas. I got Felix to tell their story...

Introduce yourself…
I'm Felix Savala and I'm the lead singer for Killing Clover. We are based out of Houston and have been killing it since 2009. Mitch Shaw is the guitarist, Jason Duran on drums and Joseph "Action Man" Moschella on bass!

How did the band start?
I started this in 2009 to help me get over a recent divorce. I used to play bass when I was a teenager and have been in bands before. I needed to keep myself busy and music has always been my therapy. From there it just took off and here we are today still playing and writing.

How did you come up with the name?
I had a pet ferret named Clover and the first time we jammed as a full band and our first song it killed my pet ferret Clover so in tribute we call ourselves Killing Clover!

Who would you say are your influences?
Pennywise, Face to Face, Bad Religion, NOFX, Propagandhi..... really there are too many to list!

What is the punk scene like in Houston?
The Houston Punk Scene has been fighting to stay alive, with all these new age metal, screamo bands its hard out here for a punk. Also venues aren't like they used to be, I find bars and clubs asking for money to play there instead of paying the talent bringing in the heads and soaking up all the alcohol. There are still a lot of punks out here fighting the good fight as well as the bands and to that I say Fuck yea! Oi

Describe the song writing process...
Felix - Well this band has gone through a lot of changes but we try to all have an input on the song writing process.

What have you released?
We have released two demos and have music available on our sites including live tracks from Fitzgerald's

Who are some of the bands you have done shows with?
Koffin Kats, The Ballistics, A Spanish Disposition, The Sellouts, ESE, Vatos Locos, Fuska, Break The Cycle, and tons more... sorry if I forgot ya!!!!

Do you prefer to do shows at large venues or small clubs?
I prefer small clubs because I am able to be more involved with the crowd. But hey a show is a show and we will play anywhere.

Where have you toured?
Right now we are going all over Texas and by the summer should start branching out of the state. We have two shows coming up one in Dallas on March 10th and Georgetown, TX on March 17th.

Is there a favorite band you enjoy doing shows with?
I would have to say it is our good friends in A Spanish Disposition and ESE. We have done multiple shows with them and its always a party with them.

Is there a favorite venue you like to do shows at?
I would have to say Notsuoh's in downtown Houston off of Main st. Always a good show and a good time!

What do you see is the future of KILLING CLOVER?
I can see us definitely getting an album out and definitely more shows all over! I don't really care where we end up just as long as I'm still doing it!

How can people contact the band?
They can reach us on facebook or reverbnation!!!! There are vids and tracks to here!
http://www.facebook.com/killingclover
http://www.reverbnation.com/killingclover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate